Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Post --BELIEVE IT!

So tomorrow I go to 広島(ひろしま)Hiroshima, then 宮島(みやじま) Miyajima.

I've been looking forward to this for a loooong time!  必ずにビデオも写真も撮るよ! (I WILL MAKE A VIDEO AND TAKE SOME PICTURES WITHOUT FAIL)

Look forward to it!  I can tell you this trip will be the most beautiful trip I will take in Japan.  I'm gonna ride the 新幹線 (bullet train) for the first time in my life, and then a steam locomotive!  It's like 2 opposites in one trip!

for those that don't know about 広島 and 宮島 here are 2 pics that symbolize both:

広島 One of only 2 cities to ever be attacked by an atomic bomb:
















I will be visiting the Hiroshima Dome, the only building to survive structurally because it was directly under the explosion of the atomic bomb.



宮島 Home to an awesome Gate and beautiful shrine:
















The Gate seems to be floating on the water...but has a secret that I hope I will be able to show you!  (If not, I'll explain when I make my next post with pics and video)
-note to self- getting married in 宮島 would be awesome to say the least!

I hope you look forward to it as much as I do!

Good night, I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow  :D

1 comment: