Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I haven't much to talk about lately (* ̄m ̄) **UPDATED**

So not much in terms of blogable stuff has been happening lately. But I did take some interesting pictures I would like to share with you (just 4 small pictures, each with a small story).

First I would like to show you the stamps on my homework after being graded. The first one is good, the second was well, not so good:















It says, "You did it well."



















This one says, "Let's try hard(er next time)."

**EDIT**
I just got my first 100% on a 漢字 (かんじ) Kanji exam (Chinese characters)!!  Check out this kitten!


















It says, "YOU DID EXTREMELY WELL!"
**EDIT**

Say what you want, but there is something special about the feeling you get when your homework has a cute little kitten stamp on it.  I really like that my favorite teacher stamps our homework!  I want to hang it on my refrigerator at home!
(*^▽^*)

Next is a pic of very odd name for a shop.  It was a hair salon...so they were going for the French...












Well I didn't want to be the one to tell what that means.  I know, I know, it means "bath shower" but any non-Japanese that looks at this will laugh and take a picture just like I did.  :P


Lastly, well I should preface this first:

I was walking around 梅田 (うめだ) Umeda, in 大阪 (おおさか) Osaka.  For those that don't know, 大阪 is a pretty large city right next to 神戸 (こうべ) Kobe, and it is full of shops and clubs and bars and things that will haunt your dreams until the day that you die.

Well I was just walking around with some friends, and we found a little shop that sells cute little things of all types which you can hang from your cell phone.  (Hanging things from your cell phone is a super East-Asian thing...)

Well we were in there looking around when I came upon this:


















Yeah.  Yeah.  Yes.  It does come in two different sizes.  Yeah.  No really, yeah.

This is the one thing in this store that you can't actually hang from your phone.  I'm not sure what the purpose is, and why any company finds it profitable.  But hey, I've come to accept that I'm in Japan.  "It's Japan."  Is the one answer to all questions.  Why?  Because it's Japan.

Imagine a foreigner like me trying to buy that.  I don't know the word for boobs.  These 2 were tied down out front of the store so to purchase, you had to ask the owner.  How could I do that?  Do you just start playing charades with this guy until he guesses, "OOOOHH BOOBS!!  YOU WANT TO BUY A BOOB?!?  HEY EVERYBODY!!!  THIS WHITE GUY WANTS TO BUY A BOOB!!!"


It's Japan!  (* ̄m ̄)



Oh by the way, Matt (my bro), you know what you're getting for Christmas! ( ̄ー ̄)

5 comments:

  1. hahaha XD

    as long as you can communicate it to him

    o_0 0_o


    sorry i havent been posting on your blog, i cant seem to get it to let me post, i dont even know if this one will work.
    keep us posted!

    your bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to purchase a female breast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude!

    I just realized the japanese character for tsu looks like a guy smirking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha つ ? Maybe I will buy you a boob or two haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you ever DO need to buy a boob for someone, it's おっぱい。 Oddly enough, the Japanese have no problem with that word, as it creeps into everyday conversation more often than in English.

    After all... It's Japan.

    ReplyDelete